Sustainable fashion – the smallest possible footprint
Sustainable fashion is clothing that has been produced with consideration for the ecological footprint. This can mean, among other things, that it was made from renewable raw materials or from recycled materials. We want to protect our unique nature and have enough raw materials available for future generations.
If we rely on high-quality and therefore long-lasting favorite pieces instead of fast-moving products, we can make an important contribution. Favorite pieces that are not only high quality and stylish, but also leave a much smaller footprint on the world. Because every purchase is a conscious decision.
We can make a big contribution by making the right choice. This includes not only choosing a beautiful product, but also relying on sustainable materials that leave a smaller footprint. Even small decisions can have a big impact. Here are a few tips:
- Reduce your own water and energy consumption
- Pay attention to sustainability certificates (such as GOTS, GRS, etc.)
- Pay attention to the care and washing tips for the clothing so that it lasts longer
- Make conscious purchasing decisions and use resources consciously
- Relying on long-lasting, sustainable clothes (favorite items)
- Don't throw everything away right away, but repair the clothes
- Visit second hand shops
- Avoid returns: transport generates CO2, new goods often have to be destroyed
upyuu stands for sustainability
From the very beginning, upyuu has set itself the goal of producing sustainable, high-quality and therefore long-lasting favorite items for our customers - so-called sustainable fashion. Sustainable clothing for women that leaves a smaller footprint on nature is a matter close to our hearts.
upyuu athleisure is made from 75% recycled nylon ( Global Recycled Standard GRS ). The Global Recycled Standard label guarantees recycled textiles with additional ecological and social criteria. This has the following advantages, among others:
- Reducing the harmful effects of production on people and the environment
- Durable processed products
- Responsible production
- Recycled materials
The seamless technology used enables our active wear to be very comfortable to wear while at the same time being manufactured in an environmentally friendly manner. This manufacturing process avoids annoying seams in yoga clothing and thus has the following advantages:
- The absence of seams minimizes the risk of tearing and makes each garment more stable.
- The high-quality, thin yarns are processed very finely. The fabric of our athleisure hugs every body shape and ensures maximum comfort.
- Painful friction of coarse seams on the skin is avoided, which also contributes to comfort.
- By doing without annoying seams, there is less waste in the production of our yogawear, which reduces the environmental impact.
upyuu loungewear is made from 72% organic cotton ( Global Organic Textile Standard GOTS ). Organic cotton is grown without the use of pesticides, insecticides or fertilizers. In addition, organic cotton and therefore also organic clothing is gentler on the skin of our customers.
GOTS is the world's leading textile processing standard for organic fibers. The GOTS label stands for environmental requirements and social criteria along the entire textile production chain. GOTS-certified textiles offer consumers credible security, from harvesting the raw materials to environmentally and socially compatible production and labelling.
Sustainable packaging and shipping - no plastic
upyuu packaging can be recycled or even composted.
We avoid plastic and don't add unnecessary filler to our packages. Our mailers are made from FSC certified material.
Furthermore, we deliberately do without hangtags and are happy to provide our customers with comprehensive information on our website. Swiss Post sends all letters and parcels in a climate-neutral manner. Whenever possible, we use standard shipping rather than express shipping. This means that the parcels can be transported in optimally loaded trucks.